Last visit was: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:31 pm It is currently Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:31 pm

Page 1 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: My First Post, Blog 16th May
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:15 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 0 time
Evening All,

Firstly welcome to the site,

So Kenny Dalglish has left Liverpool, which wasn't much of a surprise in all honesty. Their worst finish in Premier League history and £100 million spent on average talent.

Roberto Martinez is the bookies favourite at this time, and i have been informed a few days ago that Liverpool are attempting to prize him away from Wigan Athletic.

Premier League sides are in the process of announcing their retained lists for next season, and today the likes of Nicky Shorey, Somen Tchoyi, Joe Mattock and Ivan Klasnic will all be looking for pastures new after leaving their respective clubs.

Reading completed their first signing of the summer, with the addition of Garath McCleary from Nottingham Forest on a 3-year-deal on a free transfer.

I fully expect Michail Antonio to move to Sheffield Wednesday because of this.

Rotherham United are bidding for every man and his dog in League 2, with bids rejected for AFC Wimbledon striker Jack Midson and AFC Bournemouth striker Matt Tubbs.

Sean O'Driscoll has taken over as Crawley Town manager after the recent departure of Steve Evans to Rotherhan.

Northampton Town winger Michael Jacobs is close to sealing a long awaiting move to Championship side Derby.

That is it for now, but when i get a chance i will add my blogs.

Please feel free to comment, and follow me on twitter at @Signings_TDD

Regards

Latest Five Tweets From:" Signings_TDD"

Click for Twitter.com (for posting tweets or to set up new account)
    Remember: Never Tweet Personal/Private Info!

Post subject: Re: My First Post, Blog 16th May
    PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:42 pm 

Good to see Reading securing quality players early on in the transfer window - gives me faith that the takeover will still go through.

Would be a shame to see Antonio leave but realistically he'll be 5th in the pecking order, and no young player capable of playing in the Championship would settle for that.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:44 pm 

toffenn wrote:
    Good to see Reading securing quality players early on in the transfer window - gives me faith that the takeover will still go through.

Would be a shame to see Antonio leave but realistically he'll be 5th in the pecking order, and no young player capable of playing in the Championship would settle for that.

I think we could see another "Simon Cox" case with Antonio. He clearly has quality but with us being promoted his 1st team opportunities are going to be very much limited.

Good Luck to him tho!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:01 pm 

toffenn wrote:

Antonio is a very underrated player! As a Reading season ticket holder, I have been very disappointed that he has not been played more.
    However what a bargain he was, brought on a free from Tooting and Micham!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:05 pm 

STaphouse wrote:

I think we could see another "Simon Cox" case with Antonio. He clearly has quality but with us being promoted his 1st team opportunities are going to be very much limited.

Good Luck to him tho!

To be fair to him Antonio has had chances at championship level with us but hasn't really made an impact, whereas cox never really got a look in before he left. Hes always looked very raw whenever I've seen him but i think its right for him to move on and build a career for himself

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:12 pm 

Vermin Supreme wrote:
    STaphouse wrote:

Good Luck to him tho!

To be fair to him Antonio has had chances at championship level with us but hasn't really made an impact, whereas cox never really got a look in before he left. Hes always looked very raw whenever I've seen him but i think its right for him to move on and build a career for himself

He played very well in the pre season prior to his release..Scored a few goals in the Pearce cup. He always had potential but was behind Kitson, Lita, Doyle and Long therefore would not have a starting/ sub position

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:22 pm 

On the topic of Reading, it looks like Michael Hector will be offered a new deal. I've seen him on loan at Barnet this year, and I must say he looks very promising. Physically adept and comfortable on the ball for a defender of his ripe age.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... oyals-deal

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:25 pm 

toffenn wrote:
    On the topic of Reading, it looks like Michael Hector will be offered a new deal. I've seen him on loan at Barnet this year, and I must say he looks very promising. Physically adept and comfortable on the ball for a defender of his ripe age.

Hector has a lot of potential but has not impressed Barnet fans to the extent I would have liked. But he is only 19 and can only get better.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:28 pm 

wearingandrew wrote:
    toffenn wrote:

Hector has a lot of potential but has not impressed Barnet fans to the extent I would have liked. But he is only 19 and can only get better.

Looked good when I saw him in the JPT. The article describes him as 'cultured' - I wouldn't say that. Still looks fairly unpolished to me, but not the finished article yet.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:29 pm 

toffenn wrote:
    wearingandrew wrote:
    toffenn wrote:

Looked good when I saw him in the JPT. The article describes him as 'cultured' - I wouldn't say that. Still looks fairly unpolished to me, but not the finished article yet.

At least Reading will do what they are good at: Sell academy players at huge prices! Nicky Hammond is a living legend, he brough Le Fondre for £320k

Page 1 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next