Last visit was: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:30 pm It is currently Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:30 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Manchester to re-join race to sign Croat
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:52 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
Tonight Caught Offside confirm Manchester United have re-joined the race to sign Croatian Midfielder Luka Modric. The Tottenham man has previously been linked to Real Madrid and Chelsea, but a deal has not yet been done for the Midfield maestro.

Earlier last week, it had been reported Real Madrid was to offer Spurs £35m and Nuri Sahin for Modric, but as the week ended, a deal had not been reached. Now, Manchester United have re-opened their interest in the Tottenham Midfielder and are willing to pay £25m and either Anderson or Dimitar Berbatov.

Modric, who has stressed he would like a move away from White Hart Lane, has brought interest from many of Europes elite, but the 26 year old has not been snapped up yet. The Manchester outfit hope to make Modric their second signing of the window, with them already signing Shinji Kagawa and Nick Powell this summer.

The Croat has grown un-happy with the movement the London club is moving, and even with new signings such as: Jan Vertoghen and Gylffi Sigurdsson, the Spurs man still wants to leave the London club in search of silverware.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Manchester to re-join race to sign Croat
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:43 am 

I thought it was days away from being announced that he was going to Madrid for 25M :O

Maybe United have been out priced for Lucas then??

Post subject: Re: Manchester to re-join race to sign Croat
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:57 am 

I thought the same until I saw the report, and then thought It's not unusual for Fergie to make a last minute bid for a player and land him at Old Trafford. I also think Man Utd would be foolish to spend £34m on Lucas, even though it would be great to land such a talent, been a United fan, but I think Christian Eriksen may suit our team better because Lucas seems to be a pacey player that keeps the ball, where as Eriksen is more of a passing player and Man Utd are more of a passing team, although Lucas may be a good signing, we will just have to see what the summer has to offer.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]