Last visit was: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:35 am It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:35 am

Page 1 of 5 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Gylfi Sigurdsson
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:07 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
According to http://www.walesonline.co.uk/ Swansea's chairman is set to travel to German for crush talks over the signing of Sigurdsson.
He has had a excellent half season with Swansea and subsequently has put his price up. Swansea had a £4million bid rejected rumours suggest Swansea are willing to break the bank and hit £7million.
Where will he go?

Post subject: Re: Gylfi Sigurdsson
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:12 pm 

I would cry tears of joy if he returned to Reading, can't see it happening though. His last interview sounded as if his time was up at Swansea - Rodgers has put faith in me and I hope I have repaid him, etc. 'have', not 'keep repaying him'. No idea where he'll end up, but hopefully in England.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:13 pm 

toffenn wrote:
I would cry tears of joy if he returned to Reading, can't see it happening though. His last interview sounded as if his time was up at Swansea - Rodgers has put faith in me and I hope I have repaid him, etc. 'have', not 'keep repaying him'. No idea where he'll end up, but hopefully in England.

I hate the media, they think Rodgers created Sig whereas he dropped Sig and McDermott is the one who created him. Rodgers is getting all the credit!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:19 pm 

wearingandrew wrote:
toffenn wrote:

I hate the media, they think Rodgers created Sig whereas he dropped Sig and McDermott is the one who created him. Rodgers is getting all the credit!

They speak about Rodgers's time at Reading as if he wasn't a monumental failure. He's come in at Swansea and inherited a great system put in place by Martinez and Sousa, and taken all the credit. I hope he gets offered a bigger job and exposed as the average/poor manager he really is.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:01 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 4 time
Lots of rumours this morning that Liverpool have now entered the race for Gylfi Sigurdsson. Transfer Market Feed have also been told that the player wants the move, and doesn't want a return to Reading.

I think it's clear to everyone he's moved on and deserves to play for a much bigger club, and I would love that club to be Liverpool. He is just what they need!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:24 am 

Friday's Legacy wrote:
Lots of rumours this morning that Liverpool have now entered the race for Gylfi Sigurdsson. Transfer Market Feed have also been told that the player wants the move, and doesn't want a return to Reading.

I think it's clear to everyone he's moved on and deserves to play for a much bigger club, and I would love that club to be Liverpool. He is just what they need!

Liverpool have killed a lot of players: C.Adam, J.Henderson, A. Carroll, J.Spearing, A.Voronin. Lets just hope that they don't do the same to the Sig!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:55 am 

wearingandrew wrote:
Friday's Legacy wrote:

Liverpool have killed a lot of players: C.Adam, J.Henderson, A. Carroll, J.Spearing, A.Voronin. Lets just hope that they don't do the same to the Sig!

Personally think liverpool is not a great move for him, as he could get frustrated due to the amount of competition for his position, and as you have said, liverpool have ruined a few players in their time

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:36 pm 
Site Admin

Further update on Glyfi is on my blog for today.

Latest Five Tweets From:" Signings_TDD"

Click for Twitter.com (for posting tweets or to set up new account)
    Remember: Never Tweet Personal/Private Info!

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:39 am 

6.8m fee agreed apparently. Bargain for an awesome player.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:12 am 

Gutted that he's going to Swansea. Even more annoying that he is going there for such as small fee which makes our sell on fee almost worthless if it is based on transfer profit not the overall fee.

I can't understand Hoffenheim though, they have one of the best young players in Europe and they are selling in May to the first bidder for a tiny profit. It makes no sense.

Page 1 of 5 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next