Last visit was: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:59 pm It is currently Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:59 pm

Page 5 of 5 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Gylfi Sigurdsson
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:27 am 

Have thanks: 1 time
OwenRoyal1871 wrote:
Considering we are looking to not get Sigurdsson who would we buy as a replacement or are we not looking for another midfielder?

Don't know if the supposed interest in Whittingham is ongoing, seeing as though cardiff just brought in Mutch could be signs to him leaving, he'd be the replacement if that's still alive, Will Buckley from Brighton impressed me this season can play as both Wing and Attacking Mid and well he impressed me this season would be a decent signing, rumours are Church is down there this summer if he can't impress in pre-season so as much as I don't want him to go (still think the guys got potential but needs more time than fans are giving) we could use him into the deal somewhere if it had to be, Personally though I would kill for AZ to continue his Russian revolutions and bring in Honda from CSKA Moscow, quality player and apparently was wanting out in January.... I know it's almost an impossibility but a guy can dream right? Lets not forget too that Lawson D'Ath seems to be an amazing prospect form the academy, did ok in league one, yes 2 divisions is a massive jump but sometimes you get lucky and land a player who can do that, very unlikely but attacking mid is his position and I'm sure Brian is the kind to at least give him a chance to prove himself on an equal level in pre season before sending him off on loan.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:57 pm 

Rads wrote:
OwenRoyal1871 wrote:
Considering we are looking to not get Sigurdsson who would we buy as a replacement or are we not looking for another midfielder?

Don't know if the supposed interest in Whittingham is ongoing, seeing as though cardiff just brought in Mutch could be signs to him leaving, he'd be the replacement if that's still alive, Will Buckley from Brighton impressed me this season can play as both Wing and Attacking Mid and well he impressed me this season would be a decent signing, rumours are Church is down there this summer if he can't impress in pre-season so as much as I don't want him to go (still think the guys got potential but needs more time than fans are giving) we could use him into the deal somewhere if it had to be, Personally though I would kill for AZ to continue his Russian revolutions and bring in Honda from CSKA Moscow, quality player and apparently was wanting out in January.... I know it's almost an impossibility but a guy can dream right? Lets not forget too that Lawson D'Ath seems to be an amazing prospect form the academy, did ok in league one, yes 2 divisions is a massive jump but sometimes you get lucky and land a player who can do that, very unlikely but attacking mid is his position and I'm sure Brian is the kind to at least give him a chance to prove himself on an equal level in pre season before sending him off on loan.

what about Koren

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:29 pm 

prayforRFC wrote:
Rads wrote:
OwenRoyal1871 wrote:

what about Koren

Forgot about him, too be honest though i'd rather we had someone younger, I know it sounds bad to say but atm we have a fair bit of experience in the side so would like someone who could become a mainstay for a good few years to come and grow into the role learning off the likes of Roberts, potentially being the next Gunnarson if you get me, i think if we got Koren it would only be for a couple of years as a quick fix almost.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:15 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 0 time
Former Reading academy graduate has agreed to join what appears to be Andre Villas-Boas Tottenham Hotspur.

The midfielder appeared set to move along with Brendan Rodgers to Liverpool, and this snub by the Icelander will prove a tough one to take for the manager who gave him his first team chance in english football at The Madejski Stadium.

Sigurdsson has already passed a medical at White Hart Lane and will pen a deal worth a reported £70,000 a week.

With Modric and Van Der Vaat likely to move to pastures new the opportunity for first team football in the Premier League and Europa League action is a massive draw for the creative 22-year old.

For a fee of around £8 million i can't help but thinking Spurs have pulled off potentially the bargain of the summer.

Latest Five Tweets From:" Signings_TDD"

Click for Twitter.com (for posting tweets or to set up new account)
    Remember: Never Tweet Personal/Private Info!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:08 pm 
    Site Admin

Have thanks: 4 time
    Sigurdsson's father claims Swansea never agreed terms with his son.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 01840.html

Page 5 of 5 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5